Sunday, March 22, 2015

Stake Conference

This past weekend was stake conference.

The president gave the final talk and shared
wise counsel on the subject of learning to love and 
to express that love.

Here are some of the highlights of his 
remarks (not in any order):

Consider how you spend your time. 
(Consider whether it is a good, better, or best way to spend your time.)

What do you do and what do you think about 
when you don't have to do or think about anything? 

This will indicate what you treasure.  Where is your treasure?


He held up his smart phone and told how he couldn't do his job (school administrator) 
or his calling (stake president) without it.  He cautioned: "There must be balance."


When you are with someone, BE with them. Learn to listen.  Learn to love.

If life is about toys, it's time to put away childish things and be men.
"When I was a child, I spake as a child...I thought as a child; but when I 
became a man, I put away childish things." (1 Cor. 13:11)

If Christ were on the earth today, how much time do you think 
he would spend in front of a screen?

What do you think Christ thought about? (Others)

The most important thing in this life is to learn to love and express that love.
"Though I have all faith . . . and have not charity, I am nothing."
(1 Cor. 13:1-3))

No comments:

Post a Comment