Monday, May 28, 2012

Reuniting with Loved Ones


Recently, I had the exciting opportunity of seeing some cousins of mine that I hadn't seen for quite a few years as they came to the Palmyra Temple with the Pennsylvania ward in which they are serving a mission.  The group came by bus and literally filled the temple.  Both my cousin and her husband were there accompanying two individuals who came for their first time.

It was a wonderful day because of all the service that went on in the temple, but the best part for me was the BIG hug and special reunion that we shared as I tried to explain what seeing her represented for me.  She is from Mississippi originally, and her parents, who have now passed on, were very dear to our family.  Being reunited in the temple reminded me of my mother and my grandparents who are from the South and who are now deceased, and every aunt, uncle and cousin for whom I have such fond feelings that live in Mississippi now.  It was a little piece of heaven.  And the best part is that she is coming back in a couple of weeks with her daughter and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment