One of our teacher's early-morning seminary class - at an activity
they had at the end of the year.
they had at the end of the year.
Below are excerpts from an email she shared with us:
"We had eight class members and eight non class members! Three were first timers. . . . We decided that an expanded lesson on the articles of faith would be appropriate. So I put together a matching game. Each class member was assigned one or two articles of faith and when that article of faith was matched, that student gave a brief explanation. I also had a couple. One of the nonmember youth is reading the Book of Mormon . . . so we discussed number 8 and then I showed the video of Elder Holland's testimony of the Book of Mormon. . . . Each nonmember had a set of scriptures so they could figure out which clue went with which article of faith. They all participated actively.
Some of the nonmember youth have a religious background and others do not. It was interesting to watch their interest level in what was being taught. We also had the missionaries join us. Most of the youth who joined us know my recently RM son and they had a chance to kind of see what he was doing for those two years.
Initially it was a bit difficult to convince the class to invite their friends to a 6:00 AM religion class, but over the past two years, they have been greatly amazed at the level of curiosity and acceptance to see "what the heck you guys do that early every morning!"
I'm greatly proud of them for "opening their mouths" and for the fantastic explanations they gave of our basic tenants (or doctrines). I LOVE seminary and have a deep testimony of the program. I saw several youth join the church from seminary attendance when I was in high school. I am so grateful for the Lords love for the youth and his wisdom in the seminary program."
No comments:
Post a Comment