Sunday, February 9, 2014

Think of Me


A week ago Doug and I attended sacrament meeting in the Jerusalem Branch at the BYU Center.  The Sabbath in Israel is on Saturday and goes from sundown to sundown.  While it was an excellent fast and testimony meeting spent with the BYU students attending school there and a few visitors, the thing that made this experience so special for me was partaking of the sacrament while looking out over Jerusalem. The center’s auditorium has large windows all along the west side allowing a panoramic view of the city located on the hill across from the center. 
Strong spiritual feelings came as we sang the sacrament song and reflected on the words.  My gaze went from looking at the city, to the part of the Mount of Olives I could see, to the area of Golgotha, to the Garden Tomb.  
Each phrase took on a new meaning, and my heart was full of gratitude for my Savior and His atonement.  I will never forget that experience!  We were seeing the very location where these amazing events, the most significant in all the universe, occurred, events that we sing about every Sunday and covenant to always remember.

Reverently and meekly now, Let thy head most humbly bow.
Think of me, thou ransomed one; Think what I for thee have done.
With my blood that dripped like rain, Sweat in agony of pain,
With my body on the tree, I have ransomed even thee.

In this bread now blest for thee, Emblem of my body see;
In this water or this wine, Emblem of my blood divine.
Oh, remember what was done, That the sinner might be won.
On the cross of Calvary I have suffered death for thee.

Bid thine heart all strife to cease; With thy brethren be at peace.
Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be, E’en forgiven now by me.
In the solemn faith of prayer, Cast upon me all thy care.
And my Spirit’s grace shall be Like a fountain unto thee.

At the throne I intercede, For thee ever do I plead.
I have loved thee as thy friend, With a love that cannot end.
Be obedient, I implore, Prayerful, watchful, evermore,
And be constant unto me, That thy Savior I may be.

We toured the center earlier in the week and enjoyed seeing the short movie prepared for visitors.  We visited various parts of the campus and listened to a short organ recital by one of the sister missionaries.  
Pipe Organ in the Jerusalem Center
Our group with our guide finishing our tour of the Jerusalem Center
Blessed indeed are the students who have the opportunity to learn about the Holy Land here!

No comments:

Post a Comment