Easter morning began with a
special missionary conference and sacrament meeting.
We had two speakers:
Elder Allan F. Packer of the Seventy
and President Boyd K. Packer
of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
Elder Allan F. Packer of the Seventy
and President Boyd K. Packer
of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
While the messages were outstanding,
I want to mention more particularly the music.
Imagine singing with a couple thousand missionaries who are singing with conviction . . . songs like
Imagine singing with a couple thousand missionaries who are singing with conviction . . . songs like
“I Know that My Redeemer Lives,”
“I Stand all Amazed,”
“Called to Serve,”
“He is Risen,” and
“Lord We Ask Thee Ere We Part.”
Add to that an amazing MTC choir singing
a reverent and stirring arrangement of
a reverent and stirring arrangement of
“Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer.”
This is the same choir that sang in the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference recently.
The music along with the setting invited
a powerful spirit to the meeting.
a powerful spirit to the meeting.
The BYU Men’s Chorus put on
a musical fireside for the missionaries in the evening.
The opening hymn was
“Shall the Youth of Zion Falter
in Defending Truth and Right.”
Imagine a 200-voice men’s chorus standing on risers
in front of us and hundreds of elders
on bleachers behind us . . . all singing with conviction.
Being sandwiched in the middle on this occasion . . .
and with this particular hymn . . .
sung by this particular age group . . .
I fail to find words adequate to describe the feeling.

I do remember the power of the Spirit -- when these wonderful young people (mostly Elders) sang at the MTC. So happy that you are able to serve a full-time mission. Thanks for sharing on this blog!
ReplyDelete